Saturday, March 16, 2013

"20/20 Vision"

Seeing "20/20" is not just a saying, but seeing through your garments is fact.  I've noticed more and more "see through" garments in fashion and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  On a photo shoot for Styleline Magazine here where I write/intern, we had a Marc By Marc Jacobs bag that struck my eye.


This Marc Jacobs "Clealy" bag (above) $348 here, is not too invasive. There is a zipper compartment in the middle and has a back section for those things that you don't want to been at first sight. It's made of calfskin and PVC, gold hardware and can be worn as a top-handle bag or satchel.  This handbag made me think it's not too bad to wear the clear trend, but some not so much.  Burberry has a clear handbag as well and well, it's see through alright!
I figured if there is a clear bag then there has got to be more see through fashion, clearly..lol.
I found this TerraNewYork Frosty White Raincoat (above) $320 here, which to me is a version of the clear trend, but not as invasive, but I can still tell if you are wearing short shorts and a purple shirt unlike if you were wearing a black coat, hump (shoulder shrug). The coats seams are welded so no water seeps through and is made of 100% polyurethane.
I found these Lanvin clear wedge sandals (above), $1,590 here, which I actually like.  These wedges reminded me of the heels back in the '70's with the fish in the heel, lol, but over fifteen hundred dollars and made of goat and calfskin with a plexi heel, there was no laughing and definitely no goldfish!

This clear trend maybe a hit or miss, but for sure it's happening.  If I could, I would get these wedges by Lanvin mine. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment